Monday 20 July 2009

H1N1 testing

My school has started testing both the foreign and Korean teachers for the H1N1 virus (swine flu). This is not at the request of the staff at my branch but a request seemingly from the people at Head office. No big deal and to be honest if someone was sick at my school I think everyone would like to know asap. There have been reported cases of the virus in both Korea and in my city of Daegu so it seems like a sensible idea.

So far so good but why aren't the students being tested? They come into contact with far more people than us teacher do. Even though their schools have broken up for Summer they could still have been carrying this around. Anyway the testing process is basic (and possibly inadequate). Someone sticks an electronic instrument in your ear and press' a button and waits for the temperature to be taken. The process takes four seconds and is painless. I wonder what would happen IF someone had a high temperature, had to leave work and had to be taken to hospital. Would the school close down? Would I still get paid? All questions I hope never need asking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...