Wednesday 1 December 2010

Five to go

December has come around so early this year. Yesterday I sent some money home and I feel like the end is in sight. That'll probably be the last money I transfer until I'm finished. I have five months left on my contract and it's looking more and more likely that's when I'll be leaving. Recent events in North Korea mean I am a little less likely to stay an extra month now. But we'll see how my wife and I are doing for money.

Big changes this month I think. Tomorrow I am supposed to be moving apartment. Finally. It's been a two month wait but the move is set to go ahead on Thursday. The new apartment is better than the one I live in right now and my wife feels very positive about the move. It's just a pity we had to change place with just months to go on my contract. We're still packing and tidying things up so tonight may be a long night.

Additionally I heard yesterday that my brother has passed his Master degree and been awarded a Merit. I'm very happy for him and enormously proud of my older brother. I wish I could buy him a pint but that can wait till next year. 'The' year for me.

3 comments:

QiRanger said...

I love how you say, you're supposed to be moving apartments. Such an ordeal you've had with it. I hope the transfer goes well and that you and your wife settle in before heading out to Europe come summer.

Talking to myself said...

It's been a long time coming and we haven't moved yet! It may have been a mini-ordeal but the story is worse for my co-worker whose apartment I am moving to. The landlord is forcing her out of the place basically because she once had a dog there. She's very upset and a bit distressed by the whole thing. My wife has taken tomorrow off so she can supervise everything. We'll be hitting the Jack and Coke after I've come back from work. I've bought a nice new bottle to mark the occasion!!

QiRanger said...

mmm.. Jack. I almost bought a bottle on our last trip to Costco. I might have to pick up a bottle of Maker's Mark. I miss the good stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...