Wednesday 2 February 2011

Timely Lunar New Year gift

Yesterday came and there were no gifts at work. Strange I thought because we usually get something small at Chuseok and Lunar New Year - the two biggest holidays in Korea. Over the years I've been given toiletries, green tea sets, and one time even seaweed (which my wife loved). I know a lot of teachers around Korea get similar presents and there are plenty of stories of people getting boxes of tuna or Spam, which is very popular here.

This year though we did pick up something from work, just not wrapped up. I checked my bank account today and found an extra 100,000won (£55) deposited yesterday from my employers. Another thing I'll miss about the company I'm leaving soon. This came at such a great time for me. Shame Mr Taxman is picking up most of this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...