Friday 5 March 2010

Taekwondo getting interesting

Up to now I've had a lot of fun in taekwondo. Now it's time to get a little more serious. Next week I have my blue belt test and I'm very confident of passing. Today my Master reiterated his belief that I can take my black belt test probably in June. If not June then in August. So there is the challenge. Right now my technique is lacking. I don't feel like I am anywhere near what I consider to be black belt level. After giving the matter some thought I told him that soon, probably from next month, I want to practice four or five times a week instead of three. I know what it takes to be ready for a black belt here so I need more practice.

For some reason my Master is thinking of getting me to take the test in Seoul instead of Daegu. That's an interesting idea but I don't yet know why he is thinking that and what benefit it would be for me. I can see some downsides to it like the travelling (two hours minimum) and feeling a lot more pressure but there must be some upsides to it. On a side note I asked him how much it would be to take the test. I was expecting ₩100-200,000, instead the Master said it would be free, his gift to me/us. I told him that I don't think I could accept because that's too great a gift, but if he repeats it then maybe I should take him up on it. Taekwondo really is starting to get interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...