Thursday 18 September 2008

The clock still reads the same

I've been back from Hong Kong for a few days now and have lots on my mind. It's been around eleven months since I returned to Korea but the end isn't in sight. I know where the finishing line is, but I know I won't be seeing it for some time yet. Changes are needed and are in store but doubts also nag away at me.

Aside from that, I find myself wondering when will Summer end. I had hoped to come back, foolishly, to some Autumnal paradise but instead nothing has changed. It's still around 30° C for a large part of the day and at night time insects still chirp away to their hearts content, making me feel further away from home than they could ever know. This doesn't make work harder, unlike the middle of Summer, it just makes time pass more slowly. Sometimes I wonder if I am in purgatory. I have no real recollection of colder times. Did Winter 2007/8 really happen? Is this an illusion? Perhaps Winter will reward me with some splendid times to truly remember. Right now, I just want to be able to wear a coat when I go outside, that's all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...