Wednesday 22 September 2010

Peace and quiet

I spent all of today, Chuseok, at home with my wife where we had a lazy day. Some of my co-workers went to Jeju, Busan and even Japan and I couldn't help feel a little jealous on hearing their plans. Still it's been good to be with my wife and just relax. My wife works so hard these days that I enjoyed her putting her feet up almost as much as she did. I cooked dinner and we drank Jack Daniels and coke. The programmes on TV were pretty dire. The love/hate relationship with cable in Korea continues.

Today it rained pretty much most of the day. Like a typical day back home in 'sunny' Bolton. I went for a walk at around 4pm, just me, my mp3 player and my umbrella. It didn't feel like Korea, Daegu or Chilgok and it was great. No kids running around, no significant daytime noises with hardly anywhere open and also very little traffic where I went. It was nice to have the place to myself for a few minutes. Couldn't help but wish there were twelve Chuseok's a year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...