Thursday 8 January 2009

Mind Games / Simple pleasures

I've just got home from work and my girlfriend asked me a grammar question which led me to google something to try and help her. Once more that led me onto Wikipedia and I've spent the last thirty minutes reading about fish and chips, perhaps my most beloved of all meals and certainly the one I miss the most, out here in Korea. Reading about it has been a mixture of both torture and pleasure as again I am reminded of some of the things that I would take for granted but are unavailable for me out in Asia. I could probably write a novel about fish and chips, most certainly a long thesis of how important that particular institution and culture is to the psyche of people back home, especially those in Northern England. Instead of going to the chippy now, as would be my want around this time at home, I have to wait six more weeks. As my good friend once said to me, "Hunger is the best sauce."

1 comment:

ginger said...

Great ending quote! I'll have to use that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...