Friday 2 January 2009

New faces

Only two days into the New Year and already major changes at work. Three co-workers have left, two of whom have departed for adventures in Asia before returning to Canada whilst another has left for a different branch. A couple has already started work and someone else joins on Monday. Another departure was our Manager. Some excuse was given for her departure, but that's what it felt like. I guess I'll never find out the truth nor ever need to.


The new manager has been in this week and will my fourth one at my academy in the past thirteen months. I don't know how things will work out but am hoping for the best. I can't say I have really enjoyed working with any of my managers at this academy because I hardly see them and have very little interaction with them either which I am sure will continue come Monday. Personally I just hope my schedule doesn't change too much as I like the levels I teach right now. The atmosphere has changed radically as we all get to slowly know the new teachers. Before it was certainly livelier but maybe changes are for the best. I have seen so many people come and go since I first came here that I've lost count but it's always nice hear from new faces with different perspectives on life. One of the hazards/benefits of the job is that you meet a lot of people but also say goodbye many times too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...