Monday 16 November 2009

New name. Again

I am constantly having my name said wrong or incorrectly written (here in Korea). Yesterday I heard of a new name for me. Hyeong Boo (형부). It may sound like an insult but it's not. One of my wife's friends used it over the weekend. I didn't know what it meant so asked. It means older sister's husband. My wife doesn't have any sisters but here in Korea it is common to hear of friends referring to an older friend as 'older brother or sister'. It is an affectionate term. I doubt I'll hear this name again pretty soon but it was nice to hear about it.

1 comment:

Christianna said...

Cute. And succinct. Gosh, this blog deserves wider readership. Someone should post it somewhere more people could see... ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...