Saturday 2 January 2010

Window opens, nothing to look at

FA Cup Third round day. Surely the Reds can't screw this up. A simple away tie at Reading. Anyway there are no important matters at hand. The transfer window has barely been open and Liverpool have been linked with a selection of players ranging from the good to the good-god-please-don't-sign-him. IF reports are to be believed then IF Benitez can ship off the likes of Voronin, Degen and maybe even Babel he MAY have SOME money to spend. Possibly on loans. I hope to stand corrected but I doubt we can bring anyone decent into the club.

At the end of the last transfer window somehow we signed Greek defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos. A defender so slow that I've seen milk turn quicker. I would fancy my chances facing him. Even if these jokers are shipped out of the club I can't see any of the decent names linked with us joining the club. Just where is the money coming from? Would any signings signal fresh investment in the club from an outside source? Intriguing but as things stand the status quo remains. Clearly we are broke.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...