Wednesday 24 November 2010

Not panicking yet

Not much of a reaction from my students yesterday despite North Korea attacking Yeonpyeong island. One class said in unison "We're all going to die". After telling them that I wouldn't because I can buy a plane ticket out of here the class continued. Whilst another class described what happened with actions and smiles because they are a low level so couldn't do it verbally.

But seriously, hardly any students or anyone at work again would talk about it. Avoiding it won't make it go away. I wonder how much more of this nonsense South Korea and it's people can tolerate from their Northern brothers. Again, I feel no less safe than I have previously. I am glad though that I do no live near the border.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...