Wednesday 3 June 2009

Déjà vu. Again

Today at work I taught 6 classes. Two of those classes were double periods - there are eight periods on Wednesdays, each consisting of thirty five minutes. Out of the eights periods, I taught the same lesson plan for the first six periods. I found myself teaching material that I could swear I've taught thirty times before in my twenty months at this workplace. The pictures for the classes looked the same as the ones I've been supplied with for twenty percent of all previous Wednesday lessons. This was not really a case of déjà vu, but more 'can I keep teaching this again and again without wanting to shoot myself?'. I feel a little like Dr. Sam Beckett in the TV series Quantum Leap, lost in time wondering if and when I will make the leap home. At the end of the day it was a relief to leave the building but I know I will go down this path again some time soon. Tomorrow is another day, with much more positives in store. This weekend should be fun too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...