Friday 24 April 2009

Comic relief

Right about now we are in the midst of another slew of school tests for all of my students. That's Elementary schooler's and Middle schooler's, so both sets of student's are coming to the class like zombies half the time. In the evening's classes are depleted as some of the kids stay at home to study for the more important school tests - classes are sometimes down from thirteen student's to one or two. Whilst those who do come (Middle school student's) have either not done their homework or put in no effort in class whatsoever. All understandable but causing a problem for the teachers who have to try and find a balance between doing the work in class, trying to motivate the students and keeping things as relaxed and stress-free as possible. Yesterday one of my younger student's who is ultra lively decided to write me this note in Konglish (Korean English) and then translated to (broken!) English. A nice light moment in one of my favourite classes and much appreciated despite her being so cheeky.

"Hello, my name is Kim Seong Won. How are you? I love you. Oh! I'm fine but It's all lie and joking. Bye"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...