Wednesday 20 May 2009

Seeing double in the classroom

Defying all expectations, the small creature (I believe it's a terrapin) that my student brought to class has survived and has now been joined by another of its species. Again, the two animals roamed about my classroom as I tried to teach, half in fear of standing on them or accidentally kicking them. The student who owns them said she's saving up for another one - we'll see if I teach her next month. Once more I found myself in disbelief at how badly the kids in class tried to treat the animal. nothing cruel, just ignorance as to how pets should be treated. The terrapins were kept in a small pencil case whilst resting. Korea cannot truly call itself a nation of animal lovers.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...